Online dating: New Generation Love!



I decided to do my project on online dating because it is becoming so popular that is threatening to be the new normal. But as many new things, there are mixed feelings about this new way to find love. More and more people are becoming attracted to the ease and simplicity of talking to another person, behind the comfort of your screen. A push of the button will eliminate the anxiety and anticipation of initiating a conversation.  However, isn’t that what makes love human? I intend to explore both online dating as new human interaction and as the absence of human touch. I would also like to explore how online dating evolved over the years and what directions it may be taking in the future. The base for my project would be some of the most popular dating websites, such as Match.com, Eharmony and others. I plan to compare the criteria for matching and the success rate. I wish also to include the testimonials of consumers of those websites regarding their experiences.  

1 comment:

Lanka Vidanapathirana said...

Hi Aleksandar,

I too agree that online dating is becoming the new norm of finding love, but not as original as in person dating. It is true that sitting behind your screen is a lot easier than an in-person date, which raises the question of who you are actually speaking to. It also neglects the characteristics of an in person-date such as communication and personality. Possibly online dates can be beneficial in easing into in-person dates? There are many differences between in person dating and online dating, and I look forward to reading more about that within your project.